Controller of your personal data is Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership), with a registered office in Warsaw (00-815) at 93 Sienna Street, Suite 37 (the “Controller”), Tax Identification Number (NIP): 521-10- 03-050, National Business Registry Number (REGON): 010748104.
Contact details of the Controller.
You can contact the Controller writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives and legal basis for the processing of personal data.
As part of its activities, the Controller collects and processes personal data for the following objectives:
a conclusion and a performance of a contract for the provision of legal assistance or another contract for the provision of the services, including an organisation of trainings or translations/interpretations, its termination and other activities necessary to perform the contract:
– based on Art. 6 (1)(b) of the GDPR  – in case when a contract concluded with the data subject,
– based on Art. 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR – in case when the data subject is not a party, but acts to the benefit of a contractual party of the contract concluded with Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership), for example as its attorney/proxy, another representative or another person indicated by it;
– a provision of a cooperation with the suppliers or other entities cooperating with Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership). – Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
– a recruitment of the persons interested in the work or cooperation with Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership) – Art. 6 (1)(c) and Art. 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR;
– a compliance with the legal obligations to which the Controller is subject, including obligations arising from the Act on counteracting money laundering and terrorist financing – Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR;
– a determination of the conflicts of interest and ethical violations to the extent necessary to prevent abuses – Art. 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR;
– archival (evidentiary) purposes, which are a performance of our legitimate interest in securing information in case of a legal need to prove facts, investigate, establish and defend against the claims or to recover amounts due – Art. 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR;
– marketing of the services of Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership), including information on the events organised by Mad System spółka jawna or in which Mad System sp. j. takes part and on the economic activity of Mad System sp. j. – Mad System spółka jawna (Mad System General Partnership);
Transfer of personal data to other entities
1. The recipients of your personal data can be entities included in the following categories:
- attorneys-at-law, advocates, trainee attorneys-at-law, trainee advocates, tax advisors, employees of Mad System sp. j. cooperating with Mad System sp. j.
- notaries and other entities providing the legal services and independently deciding on the objectives and means of the data processing;
- entities authorised under the applicable law provisions (in particular, the courts and state authorities);
- entities providing other services to the benefit of Mad System sp. j. (IT, payment, accounting and financial services);
- postal operators and couriers.
2. Your personal data will not be transferred to the countries outside the European Union, unless rendering the legal assistance in connection with the order being performed involves the transfer of data outside the EEA with your consent.
Period for which the personal data are stored
Personal data will be stored:
in case of personal data processed by Mad System sp. j. as part of carrying out the profession obligations pursuant to the Act of 6 July 1982 on attorneys-at-law – for a period of 10 years from the end of the year in which the proceedings during which personal data have been collected have been completed;
in case of personal data processed in connection with a contract concluded with Mad System sp. j. within a scope other than rendering a legal assistance within a scope of the performed profession – until a limitation period related to the contract expires and an additional period of six months expires, should any claims established in the last moment or problems with serving;
in case of the processing of personal data in connection with an intention to conclude a contract with Mad System sp. j., if it is not concluded – within a period of three years of the first contact with Mad System sp. j. – with an exception of data for the needs of the direct marketing purposes, which is processed until an objection is lodged;
personal data processed in connection with a necessity of complying with the legal obligation by the Controller – until the limitation period of obligations arising from legal provisions expires;
personal data processed on the basis of a consent of the data subject – until the given consent is withdrawn;
personal data processed as part of pursuing the legitimate interest of the Controller, including for the purposes of direct marketing – until the proper legitimate interest of Mad System sp. j. has been performed or an objection to such processing is lodged.
1. You provide your personal data on the voluntary basis, however, a refusal to provide them or a request to removal it will prevent us from contacting you, concluding a contract, providing legal assistance, as well as presenting a commercial offer or information about events and activities of Mad System sp. J.
2. Pursuant to the rules set out in the law provisions concerning a protection of personal data and within a scope provided for therein, you have the following rights:
- the right of access of the data subject, including obtaining a copy thereof;
- the right to rectification inaccurate personal data or complete incomplete data;
- the right to erasure of personal data (“the right to be forgotten”);
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to data portability, in that transfer it to another controller;
- the right to object to processing – at any time – by Mad System sp. j. of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing or for purposes arising from legitimate interests pursued by Mad System sp. j.;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- the right to withdraw consent.
Right to object to processing
1. In case of an objection to the processing of your personal data based on the premise of legitimate interests Mad System sp. J., Mad System sp. j. shall no longer process personal data, unless it unless demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
2. In case of an objection to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, Mad System sp. j. shall no longer process personal data for this purpose.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you become aware of the unlawful processing of your personal data by the Controller, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority competent in matters of personal data protection.
According to the Act of 10 May 2018 on personal data protection in Poland such a supervisory authority in Poland is the President of the Protection of Personal Data Office.
Right to withdraw consent
In cases where the processing of personal data is based on the consent given, you have the right to withdraw such a consent given for specific purposes of the processing at any time. You can withdraw your consent by e-mail by writing to the address: email@example.com or via the contact form available on the web site of Mad System sp. j. at www.madsystem.pl. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Restrictions on rights arising from the obligation of professional secrecy
Data processed by Mad System spółka jawna as part of a performance of the profession – rendering legal assistance – are additionally covered by the statutory obligation to observe professional secrecy, and thus data protection is reinforced. Nevertheless, at the same time, for this reason, exercising some of your rights or fulfilling some of the obligations under the provisions on personal data protection by Mad System sp. j. are or may be limited or excluded.
Mad System Spółka jawna does not carry out any decision taking based solely on the automated processing or automatic profiling on the basis of personal data.
Version of: 4 May 2019
 “GDPR” – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”